Popular Posts

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

A Splash of Excitement

A splash of excitement.

Seemingly off topic, but an important part of keeping life fresh -- elevating the spirit to new heights... Providing a thrill to get the blood pumping... And elicit the authentic jubilation of a child... A welcome break from the seriousness of daily life....

I completed a skydive today. My first off-ground. There may be more. I was actually ready to do another as soon as my tandem instructor and I touched down... But I will wait... For another time when it will be just as sweet... Another celebration of my finessing the curve balls and fast balls that are in store for me... For adapting with dignity and optimism... And not giving up in the face of life's absurdity.

Yes... I will wait... To once again glide through the clouds and slice through the sky with the wind in my ears... To steer my parachute under the guidance of a guru... To feel the wind beneath my feet.

We're all freefalling... We're just not all aware....

No comments: