Popular Posts

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Deluxe Lemons

Deluxe Lemons.

Not mere "lemons".  But deluxe lemons.

Life threw us some lemons, right?  Know what I'm going to do with mine?  I'm going to do a perfect downward facing dog in ode to it... And then I'll bite right into it, removing enough of the rind to get to the yellow heart... As I taste its treasure, it wakes up my mouth, and jump starts bile production... I rub some of the juice on my face to spur collagen and elastin function, and smooth away some of my worry lines.  Next, the younger, healthier me pops over to my garden to mulch the rinds and plant the seeds in soil... For my wealth will now be in lemons.

With some of the lemons I've grown, I whip up a batch of deluxe lemonade, with a frothy top and a dash of cinnamon and nutmeg... Sweetened with agave. 

Oh yes... Destiny's bounty is in lemons, and, by golly, I'll be to lemons what Steve Jobs is to Apple! 

One can choose to be life's victim, or the victor -- grabbing it by the horns and rising above its cloven hooves. It's a constant battle -- maintaining balance is an art -- but it's one that each person finesses with the skill and poise gained from his/her personal evolution.

The victor evolves.  The victim withers in self-pity after defeat, due to his/her choice to accept a setback as "defeat".  One battle does not a war make.   Evolution is a patient, step-by-step process... Three steps forward, then one back... two steps forward, and a bit of a stall... then one step back, followed by three leaps forward... never giving up, never experiencing a setback as defeat... always recognizing a setback as 

                     an opportunity to devise a better plan... 

                                  to catalyze a positive change to live a better life.

So yes -- let's DO lemonade... And lemon chiffon pie... Lemon butter glaze... Lemon rind icing...
Lemon-cilantro sorbet... Rum, honey and lemon...
Lemon rind body scrub.... 


Our possibilities are endless.

3 comments:

Evelyn Chua said...

Yes, don't give up! You can do it!!!!!!!!!

Simran said...

Never. This is about not merely surviving, but surviving with a quality of life that is even better than what I had before. This lifestyle forces us to adapt at a moments' notice... I can see, from your writings that you are also an innovative strategist... We do it, not by choice, but by necessity... Because giving up is not an option.

Evelyn Chua said...

Hi Simran. Yes, this condition forces us to adapt within less than a blink of an eye. It's a fight for survival. It's really do or die. Since we're thrown into this situation, why not make the best out of it. Of course it's not easy. A lot of times, it's like smashing against unbreakable concrete. But we've just got to find it's soft spot and then CRASH and bring the wall down.

If you don't mind me asking, what are your triggers? And how long have you been living with this condition?