Popular Posts

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Secrets

Secrets.

When you're winding your way through life -- for example, traveling home from a day of work -- do you ever look at the passers-by and wonder... What's that person's secret?  Who is that person?  What's going on inside his/her head?  Is s/he simple or complex?   Does s/he live her/his life on her/his sleeve, or is there a secret component?   Is it a secret only because I spy him/her in passing?  Or does s/he have a full-fledged, bowl-you-over SECRET?

I do.  Wonder.  Constantly.

No, smarty, I don't have too much free time on my hands.

But sometimes, when I  pause long enough to watch the action go by, I wonder.  Do others wonder about me?  Everyone has secrets... There is no such thing as a book that is 100% open -- there is only the illusion.  Most of us don't even know a fraction of the secrets our subconsciouses keep from our conscious selves.  

Would they, or could they guess one of the secrets that only gets airtime when a gift is given, or a dining experience is suggested?  Let's take this one step further... Could my conscious self have ever guessed that my body would flip me into immune system overdrive 37 years into the game?

No comments: